The following content may be sponsored or include affiliate links. View full disclosure.
We have a growing number of new readers, so I thought it would be good to give a few tricks on how to use Swagbucks.
What’s Swagbucks? Swagbucks is a FREE website that allows you to earn “virtual money” by using the site’s search engine. You sign up then use them to do your regular internet searches. The Swagbucks can be redeemed for FREE gift cards and merchandise. The amount of Swagbucks you earn depends mostly on how much searching you do. So, instead of using Google, you would use Swagbucks.com & get rewarded with points or “swag bucks” periodically as you search. Then cash in your “bucks” to earn gift cards or prizes.
I like to go for the gift cards! Some of my favorites are Paypal (you can earn cash to go directly into your Paypal account) , Amazon gift cards ($5, $25, $50), Target.com gift cards, Restaurant.com gift cards, Barnes & Noble gift Cards.
Here's how it works:
The homepage is broken up into three “channels”: On the left is the Accomplishment Channel, on the left includes Daily Goal Meter, Daily Earning Checklist and connect with Swagbucks on Social Media. The Earning Channel is in the center of the screen and features ways that you can earn, the Feed is filled with offers, surveys and shopping deals. Last is the rewards section at the top of the page. When you’re ready to cash in you Swagbucks for rewards, you can use the Rewards section to find the prize you want.
Here’s a few tips to help you make the most of your Swagbucks hunt:
- Sign-Up bonus points: Click through our referral link here and enter the code GetGiftCards in the sign up code box to get 80 Swag Bucks just for signing up! Limited time offer.
- “Like" Swagbucks on Facebook & Follow them on Twitter - They frequently offer Swagcodes good for a limited time.
- Subscribe to the Swagbucks Blog – Everyday the “Swag Guy or Gal” will give a code for Swagbucks. The trick is finding and using the code before it expires.
- Have friends & family sign up as your referrals - One of the best way to earn swagbucks is to invite your friends & family to sign up under your referral. You can earn up to 100 points for every person who signs up as a referral. This is a great way to earn those extra Swagbucks without having to do a thing! Just click on the green "Invite" button to get started.
- Mega Swagbucks Days on Fridays – If you visit this site much you know every Friday we try to remind you to do some searching. You have the chance to higher value Swagbucks when you search the web, as you normally do. You can earn 1, 2, 3, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100 and even up to 500 Swagbucks, just by searching on Fridays.
- Answer the - “Daily Poll” question once a day. You get a Swagbuck every day with just a quick click.
- Take the Surveys - Each survey has a different Swag Bucks payout. Completing the surveys helps Swag Bucks alert you to surveys for which you qualify and typically enables you to complete more targeted surveys which have significantly higher Swag Bucks payouts.
- Click on the “Special Offers” tab on Swagbucks.com - There are special offers on this tab. Complete the special offer (sometimes it's just a simple survey) and you'll get the designated number of Swagbucks.
- Give them your Birthday – You’ll get 50 points on your birthday if they know when it is. To learn how click here.
- Watch Swag TV - Watch a certain number of small TV clips and you'll get point added to your account. I like to have the Cooking Shows playing while I'm working on the blog. I get to earn points while I'm looking for get tips.
- Go Through the No Obligation Special Offers - Every day, you can go to the No Obligation Special Offers section and skip through all the offers (sign up if something interests you, but skip those which don’t interest you). At the end, you just have to type in a simple phrase and you’ll earn two Swagbucks. From start to finish, this will take you no more than 20 seconds and you can do it every single day!
- Playing Games - You are eligible to earn bonus Swag Bucks just for playing! There are two ways to be rewarded for playing games. Play games for free and you will randomly earn from 1-5 Swag Bucks or, buy into tournaments where you risk a small amount of Swag Bucks for the chance to earn a large amount.
- Lastly the easiest way to earn a few extra bucks is to search for the things you normally have book marked, like coupons4utah.com. I always do this on Fridays. When I’m paying my bills or even just going to my email account, I do a Swagsearch to get to the website I'm going to.
Hopefully this list will not only help new people to Swagbucks. But, you old time Swaggers as well. Happy Swagging!