The following content may be sponsored or include affiliate links. View full disclosure.
Recently, I was asked to bring two large salads to a PTA function which I was happy to do, but I didn't want to spend a ton of money so I created this Tropical Fluff Salad with things I had on hand. It is really refreshing, really quick and the ingredients are inexpensive.
You likely have some of these ingredients on hand. I only had to purchase the cottage cheese. The rest of the ingredients I bought on sale and had in my pantry. (Except for the coconut - I keep my coconut in the freezer because it keeps fresher longer.)
First, mix the whipped topping with the dry orange gelatin. Then dump the remaining ingredients in and stir until they are all incorporated.
I told you it was super easy and it is also, super yummy and big enough to feed 15-20 people.
- 16 oz whipped topping
- 1 small box orange Jell-o
- 11 oz can mandarin oranges, drained
- 20 oz can crushed pineapple, drained well
- 24 oz cottage cheese
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Mix dry orange Jell-O with whipped topping.
- Drain mandarin oranges and crushed pineapple.
- Fold mandarin oranges, crushed pineapple, cottage cheese, coconut and marshmallows into the orange jell-o and whipped topping mixture just until combined.
- It is best to make this the day it will be served since the juices from the fruit can cause some separation. However, the leftovers can be remixed and are yummy the next day.